Thursday, April 2, 2009

Margaritas anyone???




Sorry it's been a few days, but I had a wreck and damaged my truck...oopps....I was hurrying to Zomba (my exercise class) from target on Tues and side-swiped a lady's car in the parking lot. Yes, the car was parked, no, I wasn't on my phone. I just hurried too fast and took a sharp turn in an extended bed truck...MY BAD!!! I put a huge dent in the truck's bed and smashed her fender.... Now I'll have to cut back on my stamp spending for a few months to pay off my damages...($2,ooo). Needless to say I didn't make it to exercise class, but I did have margratia's in my brother's hot tub!! Yesterday was my day off and I didn't have the lap top, so I didn't post, b/c it's too hard on my slow computer, so I posted quickly today!!! The boys and I hung out yesterday, here are some pics of my Easter card two different was (I've got about 7 more to make) and the boys drinking "margaritas" on the porch. I just used welchers strawberry breeze frozen drink mix and ice (a slushy), but it does make awesome margaritas, if you drink them...well got to get to work. Friday is almost here!!!!! P.S. I'm fine, just a little sore, shaken up, and a bruised self esteem....but I'll survive!!!!

5 comments:

Danni said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry about your accident!! I'm glad no one was hurt though. Hugs!!
Cute cards and yum, can you email me a margarita? It's 5 o'clock somewhere, right?

Heather Schlatter said...

Emily,

I am glad you are O.K. and I am really sorry you got in the fender bender!!! I hope the bruised self esteem gets better soon I totally and I mean totally know where you are!!! Except when it was happening to me I was supporting myself on a part time CNA income going thru college and no one to help me out so each reck kind of devestated me financially!!! That is part of why I ended up with $20,000 in student loans they helped me pay my $500 deductibles!!! I love your Easter cards though!!

Heather

Jason Core Dumpter said...

Oh Emily I am so sorry to hear about your accident! That is just aweful!!! I have done that before, luckily it was just a little fenderbender and the other persons car was not damaged!!! These cards are just adorable!! I love the giant flowers behind Anya and the coloring is pefect! You are doing so well with that! Easton is just adorable! What a cutie pie!

Smiles,
janna

Maria said...

Hey Emily, I'm sorry to hear about your accident but I'm glad to hear you're not hurt. Wow, $2,000. . .that's a lot of money that could have gone to stamps. . .I would be devastated!

Love both your cards! Wow, so pretty . . I love that big flower background and awesome job on the coloring too!!

Great photos too!!

Maria

angeljakki said...

ouch, sorry to read about your ding. If it helps your cards are lovely x x

My younger brother Noah and Easont

My younger brother Noah and Easont

Driving Lessons

Driving Lessons

Say Cheese!!

Say Cheese!!

My Sympathy Card

My Sympathy Card

Another unclear pic....

Another unclear pic....

My Thankyou Card

My Thankyou Card

Jewerly

Jewerly

Easton and his friend at the Zoo

Easton and his friend at the Zoo

LOVE

LOVE
Easton and a friend

Noah and My Dad

Noah and My Dad

Easton's big catch

Easton's big catch

get well card

get well card

boho background card

boho background card

birthday card

birthday card