Friday, January 16, 2009

Glamour

I was reading Glamour this morning and I have been pretty depressed for my standards lately. Our work environment has been really depressing with patients passing away, a nurse with a brain tumor that use to work here and co-workers with bad attitudes....let alone family that have severe medical problems, not to mention my 2 miscarriages. I am writing this not to make anyone feel sorry for me but to vent and get somethings off my mind and on to paper. I am usually a very outgoing bubbly person who doesn't let things get her down. But lately it has just been too much. I have also considered changing churches, but I've been going to this church for 27 years so it is going to be another hard decision, that I'm not sure I can make now on top of everything...anyways about Glamour, I was reading about the top women to watch and they had interviewed some women that were on there previously. Kennedy Shriver had an AWESOME quote that really inspired me..."DO THE BEST YOU CAN, AND THEN TO HELL WITH IT!!!" I totally love it because that is really all you can do, and that is the note I'm leaving on, I'll try and post some pics tonight after I take Easton swimming :)!!!

2 comments:

Heather Schlatter said...

Emily,

I know it has been a really rough time for you, and you need to take some Me time. You really do and "To Hell with the Rest" You need to do somthing you have fun with not for or with your family just for you.

Emily you are such a generous loving kind happy family and friend person, but I think you need to do some stuff for you for a change instead of everyone else.

I do not think you have had a chance to really grieve either Mis-Carriage, and you need that!!! You need to try to do somthing for yourself a couple of times a month.

You work so hard and then it is go go go all the time you are not at work to.

Not that I do not love that girl that is there for everyone else, That is part of what makes you so awesome, but you need to let others be there for you for a while O.K.???

Now I need to practice what I preach because taking "Me" time is not somthing I am good at either, but I am finding we loose ourselfes in what we do for others and then after a time it just builds up and we blow!!!

Hang in there girlly "You Need to do what is BEST for you on the church thing. You need to be spiritually fed and find a good Christian church home that will embrace you and your family and have programs for you as a family not just one that is comfortable because if you are not being fed in ways to help you as a family and a person that will also make the rest of life hard!!!!

Do what is best for "YOU" not others O.K.

I love you Girl!!!

Heather

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I really enjoy your blog and check it often.

I find work very depressing also but I cannot see myself doing any other kind of nursing.

You are a very kind and giving person and I agree with Heather that you need to do what is best for you.

I hope & prey things get better for you.

See you Monday!!
Dana

My younger brother Noah and Easont

My younger brother Noah and Easont

Driving Lessons

Driving Lessons

Say Cheese!!

Say Cheese!!

My Sympathy Card

My Sympathy Card

Another unclear pic....

Another unclear pic....

My Thankyou Card

My Thankyou Card

Jewerly

Jewerly

Easton and his friend at the Zoo

Easton and his friend at the Zoo

LOVE

LOVE
Easton and a friend

Noah and My Dad

Noah and My Dad

Easton's big catch

Easton's big catch

get well card

get well card

boho background card

boho background card

birthday card

birthday card